marrakech to essaouira
En route there is the opportunity to stop at an Argan Oil Co-operative (having possibly seen the goats grazing on the argan tree fruits on your journey, as you approach Essaouira).
In Essaouira visit the bustling fishing harbour, the sea walls, the souk before enjoying some beach time on the extensive sands.
THE DAY'S ITINERARY
Argan forests, a tree unique to Morocco.
Visist an Argan Oil Co-operative to see the process of nut to oil.
Arrive Essaouira: options include:-
Exploring the medina and the bustling souks with their many shops and cafes;
Walk to the ramparts of the old sea wall defences; good coastal geography processes and forms seen;
Take time by the harbour to see a lively fishing industry;
Take leisure time-in the wide and extensive promenade beside the huge beach.
Return to Marrakech.
geography syllabus relevance
- Rural Development (argan oil)
- Primary Industry (farming & fishing)
- Tourism: Impacts, positive and negative
- Coastal Geography
a day in the high atlas
- Includes transport from Marrakech to/from Essaouira
- An ATS Moroccan Courier, English speaking;
- Stops on the journey to engage with physical and human geography topics
- Visit to an Argan Oil Co-operative
- Study and leisure time in Essaouira