- The Rif Mountains, their Peaks, Valleys and Forests;
- The calm ambience of Chefchaouen, the Blue City;
On arrival into Tangier port, your driver and private transport will take you on a thrilling countryside journey, through the mighty Rif Mountains, passing close to the city of Tetouan and on to the “Blue City” of Chefchaouen (where you will be based for 2 nights).
Chefchaouen is a delightful, small, hillside settlement where much can be easily explored on foot. Narrow streets and alleyways, often cobbled, hide hidden gems of experience, all very colourful and absolutely most photogenic.
NOTE: You may wish to extend your tour by taking an additional day in order to relax further in the gentle ambience of Chefchaouen (perhaps enjoying a hammam and spa experience). Alternatively/additionally, you may wish to add a day or two to your tour to allow time to visit the Imperial City of Fes, a quite remarkable old capital city with much to savour and enjoy.
Arrival into Tangier Port Terminal
There is rich, productive farmland to be seen too on the lower slopes with many traditional villages that blend “organically” into the landscape.
Chefchaouen is an ideal place in which to simply relax and wander, taking in the wonderful ambience of the place. Many of the buildings have been painted white and blue giving the town a magical, enchanting air.
Chefchaouen’s medina area has many charming narrow passageways, where blue paint dominates. It is an exotic place in which to happily lose some time (and perhaps lose yourself, temporarily!).
Place Outa el Hammam is the main square and it has a 15th-century kasbah fortress (with dungeon) and the Chefchouen Ethnographic Museum. The octagonal minaret of the Great Mosque can be seen from here. In this main square area are many cafes and restaurants.
Ras el ma spring, the town’s river source, can also be visited on foot within the settlement.
Of course there are many retail outlets in the medina offering souvenirs e.g. leather and woollen goods.
There is no need for a Guide on this day. Exploring and encountering on your own is an ideal way to pass many very pleasant hours here
WHAT ATS OFFERS :
- Ferry port transfers to/from your Chefchaouen accommodation on arrival and departure days;
- All Moroccan ground transportation in private 4x4 vehicle with driver to cover the itinerary as described; your driver will be English speaking and as well as being you driver, he will assist with all practical and logistical aspects of your tour as well as being able to impart information as you travel;
- 2 x nights of accommodation on half board basis (dinner, bed and breakfast) in Chefchaouen;
- Personal Insurance;
- Personal spending;
- All other items not mentioned in the WHAT ATS OFFERS list
3 Day Tour: Tangier, Rif Mountains & Chefchaouen (all taxes incl)
- Total for 2 persons: 8300 MAD (830 EURO)
- Total for 4 persons: 11200 MAD (1120 EURO)
- Total for 8 persons: 18800 MAD (1880 EURO)
- For other group sizes please enquire