more about bouteghrar & megoun valley tour
All around are magnificent fields of roses (in April/May), fortified villages and spectacular landscapes and where the generous hospitality Berbers is still to be found; the area is close to being a wonderful wilderness area.
To reach the hike’s starting point, a full day transfer from Marrakech to Bouteghrar is needed (privately, by taxi, by minibus or by coach, depending on your group’s size).
After being collected from your Marrakech accommodation (that ATS organises for you ), you will travel toward the M’goun Valley via the spectacular national road N9, over the High Atlas via the Tizi-n-Tichka Pass (at 2,260m), on to Ouarzazate, on along The Valley of a Thousand Kasbahs to El Kalaa M’gouna and finally arriving at Bouteghrar village.
ATS hiking options in this glorious area can be from 2 to 7 days, amongst some of the most remote and very beautiful wilderness valleys of the High Atlas. All hikes begin from the beautiful rose valley and, by trekking passed small Berber villages with traditional houses, routes can either take your group on gentle/moderate routes into wonderful “worlds” or, by taking more demanding routes, you can reach the high plateaux where nomads graze their herds of goats and sheep amongst the fabulous and most dramatic gorges; your choice!
marrakech to boutaghrar
boutaghrar - valley of a thousand kasbahs > amjgag (5-6 hours walk)
amjgag-valley amskar > tichki (5-6 hours walk)
tichki - glue is ahmed > source mgoun (5-6 hours walk)
Source of the M'goun > Mourbitine Immi Nyirkte (5-6 hours walk)
Mmi-Myirkte Gorge > M'goun-Agerzga (5-6 hours walk)
agerzga > boutaghrar (5-6 hours walk)
what ats offers:
- Return transport from your accommodation in Marrakech to Boutaghrar at the start and end of the hike
- A local Moroccan Guide. English speaking, throughout
- An interesting itinerary in the rural hinterland and wilderness of the Boutaghrar and M'goun Valley
- Often the opportunity to enter a Berber home (and perhaps to enjoy a traditional second breakfast, a unique highlight)
- A mule is included to carry belongings
- Overnight accommodation for 7 nights in a gite/auberge/Berber home
- Food and water, beginning with lunch on day 1 and ending with breakfast on day 8
for a 8 day tour (8 days/7 nights)
- Total for 8 persons: 6810 dirhams per person
- Total for fewer or more persons, please contact us
30% deposit to book; balance to be paid 30 days before tour's commencement; ATS Bank Details will be given.
last minute bookings can always be discussed (with payment at commencement of day's activity).
if you wish to learn more about this programme, please contact us.