Hot air balloon experience
ATS offers a hot air ballooning experience over the Marrakech Plain and above the Jbilet Hills, about 30 km north of Marrakech (only about a 40 minutes drive from the city).
Your hot air balloon ride does involve an early morning start! You will be collected from your Marrakech accommodation around dawn, when the air is still and cool, ideal conditions for the rising of the hot air balloon. On arrival at the edge of a traditional Marrakech Plain village, and whilst enjoying a pre-flight light breakfast, you will see much of the pre-flight preparations, all adding to the thrill to come.
Then it is up, up and away! When the burners have done their work, the ensuing silence adds great atmosphere to the spectacular scenic views; views over the Marrakech Plain, its villages and their activities and the Jbilet Hills’ rocky outcrops. This is all very captivating; it feels almost “other worldly”, gently drifting above a fascinating landscape. And all of this is viewed under the first sun’s rays of a new day awakening; it is an exceptional outdoor activity and a most unforgettable experience.
(all taxes incl.)
- Early morning collection by 4X4 to the Hot Air Balloon Base
- A continental breakfast while watching all the balloon’s flight preparations
- A journey that will be guided by that morning’s wind, for approximately 1 hour
- An authenticated Flight Certificate
- A fresh Berber Breakfast on your return to Base, in a Berber tent
Hot Air Balloon Experience price
- Classic: 2050 Dirhams per person
- Premium: 2250 Dirhams per person
- VIP: 3500 Dirhams per person
- For group sizes, (5 persons and +) please contact us
30% deposit to book; balance to be paid 30 days before tour's commencement; ATS Bank Details will be given.
Last minute bookings can always be discussed
I will be chilly/cold in the early morning and whilst airborne so dress appropriately
(with payment at commencement of the tour).