A day in the foothills of the high atlas : around amizmiz (whole day)
In Amizmiz and its surroundings life is very traditional. Amizmiz is a rural market town with much everyday activity as well as added market day activity too once a week. An easy stroll around the settlement and into the surrounding rural landscapes shows the traditional farming methods still in use and the crops grown. .
A TYPICAL AMIZMIZ DAY ITINERARY
En route, visit the Barage (dam) and reservoir of Lalla Takerkoust (water issues/water sustainability issues).
Arrive Amizmiz around 10.30.
Take a walk in the surrounding countryside to see traditional farming activities and techniques in action.
Call in to a pottery village and see the potters at work (with the option of "having a go" too, of course).
Take a relaxing picnic lunch (included) in a forest glade.
Return to the market town of Amizmiz in mid afternoon; take time to walk around its central area to see the souks and shops, perhaps enjoying some mint tea as a refreshment.
Return to Marrakech and back to hotel by late afternoon.
GEOGRAPHY SYLLBUS RELEVANCE
- Fold mountains
- Hazardous environments
- Water resource management
- Traditional/new farming systems
- Development issues
around amizmiz day
- Includes transport from Marrakech to/from Amizmiz
- An ATS Moroccan Guide, English speaking;
- A visit to a potter
- A picnic lunch
- Total cost for 20 pupil plus 2 teachers 9060 MAD (906 EURO).
- Total cost for 30 pupil plus 3 teachers 11940 MAD (1194 EURO).
- Total cost for 40 pupil plus 4 teachers 13920 MAD (1392 EURO).
- Please contact us for a price for your particular group.